Sunday, December 6, 2009

OK Heidi! Here it goes........................

I was explaining to Heidi a couple of nights ago that if I'm accountable to others is seems to motivate me. I signed up for the Hood to Coast relay in August of 2008. I knew that I would have to train and do well because I couldn't let my team down. I ran the Hood to Coast in Aug of 2009 and had a blast. As most of you know, I have lost a bit of weight. I'm struggling to lose the last 15 lbs. My addiction to food seems to somehow over ride my desire to lose weight. With that said; I've learned that the most important part of my weight loss is exercise. I already know I'm not strong enough to say no to my favorite foods. I can only counteract the food with exercise. I'm going to follow this 10K training program. I will personalize it and make a few modifications to fit my schedule but ultimately I am training for a 10k. Go to http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm to follow along. I'm going to be accountable! I'm going to be accountable to everyone who reads this blog. Every day (with the exception of fruits and veggies because I count them as free), I will post what I ate for the day, how much exercise I did, and my weight. AAAHHHHH! If this doesn't motivate me I don't know what will. I weigh first thing every morning. I'll record my intake for the day then post it on the blog in the evening. Please feel free to send out MMOOOO sounds if I eat an entire box of cereal or 3 pounds of moms Christmas candy. I'm going to trial this for 2 weeks. Best case scenario, it keeps me on track. Worst case scenario, my food addiction takes over and I am embarrassed to post my intake!
LET THE GAMES BEGIN !!
My work days can be difficult because they are 12.5 hrs long and I often only get a 30 minute break which can lead to a lot of snacking. I'm going to focus on making sure I'm hungry before I reach for a snack. We'll see how it goes.........
12/07/2009-178 lbs
0610-bowl of multi-grain cheerios w/1% milk
0845-protein bar with 30g protein
1050-hand full of cashews
1330-turkey wrap with lots of veggies and a hard boiled egg
1630-1 mini peanut butter cup/3 Swedish fish/chocolate chip cookie
1845-3 miles at the gym 300 cals burned
1945-1/2 turkey wrap with veggies
2105-3 Andes mints
I will say that knowing that I have to be accountable for everything I eat certainly makes me think twice. I wanted to come home from work and eat a Costco size bag of Cheetos but I didn't because I didn't want to admit it.

3 comments:

Andrew & Chaina Lemmons said...

Good luck Jill! You can do it!

erinz said...

Good for you! I am in training for the Olympia Capitol City Marathon in May. I may have to follow this plan. THanks for sharing!

The Rinkels said...

I still say you're crazy - I think my word at the time was BOLD.
Good luck!